Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Pharrell's Golden Boys...

Chester French is the new project of the musical genius Pharrell Williams. I've only heard two songs, but I like-a what I hears. Their look perplexes and intrigues me; like rich, arrogant, and stylish Ivy-Leaguers who decided to start a band, but were actually pretty good at it.
They have a very preppy, East Coast elite feel and it seeps through into their music and lyrics. They have a song called "Jimmy Choo's", so the girls they're playing with must have some fliff. The band is very influenced by the 1960s rock 'n roll bands, but has "unconventional beats." I'm looking forward to listening to more of them, but right now I'm pretty stuck on this tune of theirs (the official video couldn't be embedded, sorry): "She Loves Everybody"


No comments:

Post a Comment